Mairwa, situated in the western part of the State, was originally a block of Siwan District, which in ancient days formed a part of Kosala Kingdom. which is geographically situated at 25º35 North and 84º1 to 84º20 east.
Mairwa is bounded on the east by the Siwan district headquarters, on the north by Gopalganj district and on the west and south by two districts of U.P. viz. Deoria and Balia respectively.
Mairwa Dham is just 2 km away from Mairwa center. It is a part of Mairwa City situated on the bank of river Jharahi.
Famous in Mairwa:
- Schools – Hari Ram Public School, Mairwa Dham
- Sweets Shop – Shree Balaji sweets, ksheer Sagar
- Sarees Shop – Byahut Saree center
- Readymade cloths shop – Raj garments, Nav Durga vastralya, Rani dresses
- Trailor – Prince, Welcome, Kanpur
- Travellers – Pragati, Gangotri
- News channel – City zee news
- Others – Verity stores, Apsra vastralya, Shibu ultrasound, Kishore pharmacy
Villages near Mairwa